Inside Frenchie's Head

Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm back! And I'm back as a New Yorker. It's been 9 months since my cat, Coyote, took off in the night and prevented me from making my poetic departure from Boston and poetic entrance to the Upper West Side. It's been 9 months since I slept on a twin aerobed in my Somerville kitchen on April 30 with the door cracked, hoping to catch the sound of Coyote slinking to the back door in time for accompany me to my new home. It's been 9 months since she came home at 1am on May 1, smelling of the cool earth. It's been 9 months since I wrapped up the aerobed at 5am, packed the last of my parcels into the corolla, and arrived at my new home at 10:30 am on the morning of May 1, 2006. It's been 9 months since I began my first day at my new office in Upper Saddle River, New Jersey. Most importantly, however, it's been 9 months since Coyote peed in my favorite knockoff purse on my first day in the new office and I only realized that the curious moisture was pee as I raised my hand to shake that of one of my new colleague's and caught a whiff of Coyote's wrath.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maratom said...

Cat urine is SO HOT!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home